Blog entries from Runner5

Runner5 has a total of 12 entries.

1. Runner5
    "You Have Died of Dysentery" -- Oregon Trail, The Game Hey it's your girl here from Oregon (and yeah I did move here from Missouri - Oregon trail ya' know? Okay anyway...) Last week I wrote a Manifesto on protein. I was always short amino acids (L-Glutamine, L-Tyrosine and L-Tryptophan in particular) so figured -- "okay not enough amino acids? They come from protein, so I'll supplement...
    Runner5, Jun 18, 2018 at 5:36 PM
  2. Runner5
    Just a thought, in most of the civilized world we take in many times more protein than recommended (and don't get even half the RDA of fiber). Even on a Vegan diet I usually get twice the RDA every day in protein. What if stripped down processed protein is as bad as processed sugar or white flour (up until yesterday I've used protein shakes for literally years which started with my running...
    Runner5, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Runner5
    If you've followed my saga of going through a million exams lately and blood tests - I did finally get somewhere - a diagnosis of, "it's probably fibromyalgia or related illness." I also have early heart disease and prediabetes. So that's where I'm at, but figured I would give you all an update. :D I did talk to a hosptial tech about -- what's the point of knowing you have early heart...
    Runner5, May 26, 2018
  4. Runner5
    Hello CFS Posse! Your girl her from the Oregon coast writing in letting you know how my health has been doing. Last week was more hospital testing and I picked up a superbug from the little country hospital on the ocean where everything is jammed together, old people, influenza kids, strep throated moms, new babies and broken legs -- hey just mix it up, what could go wrong? So me the...
    Runner5, May 16, 2018
  5. Runner5
    My fatigue and pain levels have been a lot worse. I dragged myself into see a doctor, the only one I could see was a new person, but hey they turned out to be really competent and didn't lecture me about my 'imagined illness' or something which I've found so demoralizing, embarrassing and sad that I haven't been back to the doctor in awhile. A few new things have been going on, I'm having...
    Runner5, May 7, 2018
  6. Runner5
    I'll tell you what I told my kids. Why? WHY! Seriously. C'MON DNA - there is no reason to put me through this. You could just leave my body alone and then make me drop dead at an appropriate time. This is UNCALLED FOR. My bony little hands without any fat left in them that burn easily (steam, a bit of grease - I've burned myself 3 times this last month!), and they scratch so easily I...
    Runner5, Mar 8, 2018
  7. Runner5
    I've been doing loads better strictly following my new diet. But then some Sucralose snuck in and I've had an ocular migraine for over 24 hours. That is why this is so short of a blog post. Splenda sucks. I hate you Splenda. I hate you and your artificial goodness. May you be properly banned someday. My apologies Stevia, I don't know why I did what I did and cheat on you. I will...
    Runner5, Feb 13, 2018
  8. Runner5
    My subconcious creative side has been caged by CFS / ME for five years but by setting out to paint, design and bring CFS from the inside dark cranies of my confused tired brain onto a canvas, or scrawled doodled into a sketchbook - it can tell me about itself and maybe give me some breadcrumbs to follow for my own wellbeing and treatment. And I've actually gotten excited enough about the...
    Runner5, Jan 29, 2018
  9. Runner5
    I barely know this person. She is in a knit hat with cat ears. I have two of those -- before they became political. I just really like cats. I collect almost anything cat related, when I bother to collect anything...the conversation is getting grim... I'm squirming uncomfortably....more and more uncomfortable. Why did I choose to leave the house this day? "Supplements are not regulated...
    Runner5, Jan 24, 2018
  10. Runner5
    I have become a beige uninteresting person who just looks for moments to rest in, falling behind on goals then deleting the goals and then making very simple goals...(*shower today*) I'm not the sort of energetic bright charasmatic person someone wants to be friends with and I worry I'm going to just fade away while spending what little energy I have to benefit my family (driven mostly by...
    Runner5, Jan 22, 2018
  11. Runner5
    Few things hold more trepidation for me then being 'trapped' some place, in line, where I have to put on my 'normal face' and hang out bored with strangers (worst: standing in a line which I find nearly impossible). But our local DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) is someplace super special, where no one ever hurries and people are jammed in like sardines. I had to get my drivers license...
    Runner5, Jan 14, 2018
  12. Runner5
    I've had almost two weeks of 'remission' -- not 100% but my window of activity and energy is enough to get in some exercise and I decided to start training for a Sweet Heart 5K fun run February 10th (fun runs allow walking and are non-competitive, a 5K distance is a little over 3 miles). I'm trying to train a little everyday using a chart from Darebee that has me walking, jogging a bit,...
    Runner5, Jan 10, 2018