1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!

Blog entries from Quilp

Quilp has a total of 9 entries.

1. Quilp
    I told her I wish I had never met her; that I was better off without her; that I could fight this illness alone. I didn’t need her, I didn’t need anyone. I poured every last drop of malice I had, all over her beautiful soul. I wonder if, just for a moment, she was the illness. What a strange dichotomy that I must fight with such ferocity when I least have the energy to do so. And there she...
    Quilp, Mar 5, 2014
  2. Quilp
    It’s a feeling that comes from nowhere, but washes over you like a tsunami. The reality that I might have to live like this for the rest of my life takes my breath away; the closest I’ll ever come to a living nightmare. And like fuel poured onto a raging fire, I cannot control my emotions. Little by little, everything that was once me has become something else. I am pathetic and incredible;...
    Quilp, Mar 2, 2014
  3. Quilp
    Please do not read if easily offended. This is a fictional account and any references to anyone living, or dead, is entirely coincidental :) The year : 2014; the location, London; the reality....somewhat vague. What is certain is that a man, a Professor, claimed to possess an ability to cure the very sick, wake the very comatose, and stir the very ....dead. A young reporter, eager to learn...
    Quilp, Mar 2, 2014
  4. Quilp
    ‘’Bejesus Mary, there’s a shaggy Himalayan Yeti making his way down your garden path.’’ That is Mrs Parker my neighbour, belting out her concerns on the dividing walls of our Victorian Terrace. I took a quick look out of my window and saw that what she thought was a Yeti, was in fact my Graded Exercise Therapist, Gandalf Wessely. It was said about him that he was fearless, irresistibly charming...
    Quilp, Feb 19, 2014
  5. Quilp
    Recent advances in CBT have led to a remarkable series of stories from those whose life has changed. We hear from one gentleman who talks about how his life was changed the day he met the enigma that is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Hi my name is Wayne. My baldness began when I was born, and gradually got worse. By the time I was twenty one I was known as cueball colin, or ''Wayne as he likes...
    Quilp, Nov 21, 2013
  6. Quilp
    Perhaps it’s the one question most of us would like answered - Does God exist ? Sir Isaac Newton spent ten years locked away in his house looking through the Old and New Testaments for a hidden code. He was convinced that the bigger picture, the word of God, was to be found here. More telling is the fact that he went to extraordinary lengths to find it. I wonder if he found what he was looking...
    Quilp, Nov 5, 2013
  7. Quilp
    It was 2002, all asleep, and I awake, that I decided it was time. I cannot tell you how long that feeling lasted, but it was characterised by an intense loneliness that is beyond all hope, and yet in my life I never felt such peace. I don’t know what brought me back. The thought of my mother finding my body, or the feeling that Paradise could wait. In truth, I think I still had enough fight...
    Quilp, Nov 2, 2013
  8. Quilp
    Lost in translation   I cannot let it go, even after more than two years….. A doctor, appointed to come and assess my medical condition said I ‘’sat comfortably on his bed for thirty minutes’’. A perfectly innocuous statement you might conclude - until you consider that he was only in my house for twelve minutes, and by his own admission, just fifteen minutes. I spoke to someone close to me and...
    Quilp, Jun 30, 2013
  9. Quilp
      Finding myself in the unexpected company of two Neanderthals I assumed that the ‘’what do you do for a living ?’’ was unlikely to be thrown in my direction. Indeed I had more confidence in going down to my local job centre wearing Homer Simpson’s string vest and an anti-fungal thong with a view to joining The Special Forces - and being asked to report to Aldershot Barracks on Monday morning. (...
    Quilp, Nov 18, 2012