1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!

Blog entries from oceanblue

oceanblue has a total of 4 entries.

1. oceanblue
    A new study reports at least 5% of patients with CFS nearly 3 years after an acute Giardia enteritis infection, providing evidence of yet another infectious agent that can trigger CFS along with Epstein-Barr Virus, Viral meningitis and the bacterium Coxiella burnetii, amongst others. Other studies on the same outbreak also show a strong link between the acute Giardia infection and both chronic...
    oceanblue, Mar 18, 2012
  2. oceanblue
    I sometimes write long posts. I like to think this is because I tackle complex issues in a thoughtful way, but maybe I'm just long-winded. Either way, I don't have the energy to complete the post in one go, which is a problem with the online forum editor. One solution I've discovered is the free 'BBCode Editor', Word-like software (no ugly forum code) that lets you save and return to posts when...
    oceanblue, Mar 16, 2012
  3. oceanblue
    People who followed the Rituximab thread closely may have seen this already Reported results appear unimpressive Despite all the hooplah from patients and authors around last autumn's Rituximab study, the published results were not that striking. The primary endpoint of fatigue score at 3 months was negative, and even the highest mean fatigue score (at 6-8 months), of approximately 3.9,...
    oceanblue, Jan 15, 2012
  4. oceanblue
    UPDATE 13.4.12 The MRC have now posted more information on their website and the study is a little different than first described - and possibly more interesting. Instead of focusing on the fatigue that comes with IFN-alpha treatment, they are instead looking at fatigue and other CFS-like symptoms that continues in up to half of all patients for 6-12months after the IFN-alpha treatment has...
    oceanblue, Jan 4, 2012