Blog entries from Lassesen

Lassesen has a total of 36 entries.

1. Lassesen
    For the third item from the Metabolite Explorer, we return to a LOW item, Secondary metabolite degradation: Dioxin degradation. Here we see Low 8/14 High 1 /14 (No Onset information -- may be a healthy) Normal 5/14 I speculated that the ability to degrade dioxin will diminished and found that anyone who specified an onset, was a value of 1 or less and found this chart (that really needs...
    Lassesen, Feb 17, 2018 at 3:20 PM
  2. Lassesen
    The highest average value at present on the symptom-metabolites explorer (http://ubiomecfsweb.azurewebsites.net/Metabolite/explorer) is from “Secondary metabolite biosynthesis: Stilbenoid, diarylheptanoid and gingerol biosynthesis” with an average of 2.1 with 8/14 HIGH 4/14 low 2/14 Normal. This is biosynthesis — the body producing this group of compounds, not metabolism (using and...
    Lassesen, Feb 16, 2018 at 7:58 PM
  3. Lassesen
    The data from 14 people to date reporting in the microbiome metabolism explorer has a high percentage with a very low metabolism for D-Arginine and D-ornithine (10/14). There are a few others that are high (4/10). None normal. This variation is expected because everyone’s shift is different. At face value, this means that both arginine and ornithine that is taken into the body is not...
    Lassesen, Feb 16, 2018 at 12:20 AM
  4. Lassesen
    A reader asked: “Do you still think thick blood is a common issue and do you still recommend getting the multiple labs for thick blood? Is there a viscosity test you recommend for seeing that the thickness is at any given time?” Given that I have been focusing on the microbiome (mainly because it is actionable in many ways — diet, probiotics, antibiotics; and easily measurable =>...
    Lassesen, Feb 9, 2018
  5. Lassesen
    The title sounded grander than what it actually contained Open-label pilot for treatment targeting gut dysbiosis in myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome: neuropsychological symptoms and sex comparisons [2018] – Full text “Conclusions Results support the notion that specific microorganisms interact with some ME/CFS symptoms and offer promise for the therapeutic potential of...
    Lassesen, Feb 8, 2018
  6. Lassesen
    One of the original intents of the mechanized analysis site at: http://ubiomecfsweb.azurewebsites.net was to try to identify which bacteria shifts are related to which symptoms. Over the last week I have been coding and testing a symptom explorer and it is ready for beta release. It is found at: http://ubiomecfsweb.azurewebsites.net/Data/SymptomExplorer Overview When you open the page, you...
    Lassesen, Feb 4, 2018
  7. Lassesen
    A reader wrote: "Hi Ken, what is your take on reducing, I can only find 3 things that may reduce Proteobacterium, L. taurine, and walnuts from your site and Chris's pubmed study above which shows L. Reuteri works. It seems to me this would be a great direction. I'm thinking of adding L. Reuteri and L. Taurine. thoughts?" When you want to change something, my old blog posts are not...
    Lassesen, Feb 3, 2018
  8. Lassesen
    I received this in the mail, https://shop.ubiome.com/pages/explorer-plus [IMG] Or $99/sample versus $89 for the basic kit (one time) or $72 on subscription. What is the difference? More comprehensive access to your entire microbiome, including viruses and fungi Functional metagenomics information, such as insights into what key metabolites and vitamins your bacteria are synthesizing for...
    Lassesen, Jan 28, 2018
  9. Lassesen
    Some conditions are associated with shift of bacteria. This does not mean that if you have most of the shift, you will have the condition. DNA is a major factor in developing most conditions. In short: Bad Microbiome + Bad DNA ==> Health Problems. The full list (without using your uBiome) is at this page. Reports currently Available Autoimmune Disease Chronic Fatigue Syndrome High Blood...
    Lassesen, Jan 28, 2018
  10. Lassesen
    Symptoms are only collected for uBiome samples. The reason is simple, we need lots of data on bacteria to go with lots of symptoms to isolate patterns. Getting to the Symptoms List There are three ways of getting to the menu shown below From your original upload, see this post How to upload your uBiome for analysis [Updated] Under the Ubiome menu at http://ubiomecfsweb.azurewebsites.net/...
    Lassesen, Jan 24, 2018
  11. Lassesen
    A reader asked about their relationship and after doing a quick check on PubMed, there seems to be sufficient studies to attempt a summary. “Gut microbes are capable of producing most neurotransmitters found in the human brain. Evidence is accumulating to support the view that gut microbes influence central neurochemistry and behavior.” [2017] “The bacterial commensals in our gut can signal...
    Lassesen, Jan 24, 2018
  12. Lassesen
    Ubiome has a clinical test called Smart Gut. I covered it prior with instructions on moving the data to the uBiome Explorer in uBiome’s Smart Gut (with transfer to Explorer) and uBiome’s Clinical Report “Smart Gut” I got an email asking for a direct entry page. In time I plan to add low bacteria to the uBiome explorer; with this report, I can do low bacteria for Smart Gut data ahead of that...
    Lassesen, Jan 21, 2018
  13. Lassesen
    Other Labs Analysis Bioscreen Report Biovis Microbiome Plus Diagnostic Solution GI-Map Genova Parasitology Genova GI Effects KyberKompakt Report Medivere: Darm Mikrobiom Stuhltest Medivere: Gesundsheitscheck Darm Metagenomics Stool (De Meirleir) Verisana Report Ubiome Upload Ubiome data
    Lassesen, Jan 17, 2018
  14. Lassesen
    Another European test (Available here) for 121 Euro (more expensive than uBiome with less data provided). The analyis page is here. Report [IMG] Data Entry [IMG] Example Result [IMG] This is an education post to facilitate discussing this approach with your medical professionals. It is not medical advice for the treatment of any medical condition. Always consult with your medical...
    Lassesen, Jan 17, 2018
  15. Lassesen
    Another reader forwarded a report that I have not created an entry form for. This is one that is likely common in many parts of the world, especially in the US. To access it, click Diagnostic Solution GI-Map. Report [IMG] Input Page As before, entry matches the report. As with the other Genova input page we have five possible values: ↓↓ – Red Low (left side) ↓ – Yellow Low (left side) ✓ ↑...
    Lassesen, Jan 15, 2018