1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!

Blog entries from Kelvin Lord

Kelvin Lord has a total of 37 entries.

1. Kelvin Lord
    [IMG]We've all heard the question in one form or another. It usually comes at a time when you look better than usual, or feel worse than usual. But either way, it makes you feel the same as usual. "What exactly is wrong with you?" they ask, innocently...not knowing that their "casual" remark has ignited every synapse in your brain and tensed every muscle in your body into an emergency-level...
    Kelvin Lord, May 1, 2010
  2. Kelvin Lord
    [IMG]I never heard the phrase "allergic cascade" until 10 days ago, when I woke up with a nose so swollen with mucous that I literally could not blow it out. Seeing my distorted face in the bathroom mirror, all I could think of was that classic scene in the movie "Hitch" where Will Smith's head reacts to his shellfish allergy by exploding to twice its normal size, and he starts guzzling...
    Kelvin Lord, Apr 22, 2010
  3. Kelvin Lord
    I admit it. I now have a pot-belly. And it bothered me. [IMG] After being underweight for the past 2+ years, struggling with a lack of appetite and the associated difficulties in maintaining weight, since being on Ampligen for 2 1/2 months, hunger has returned! But with it came a whole new set of problems for me. The most obvious one is that my body looks weird to me now. Yes, I still have...
    Kelvin Lord, Apr 10, 2010
  4. Kelvin Lord
    [IMG]Yes, I'm going to talk about sex in this post, because one of our challenges is that this hideous virus not only diminishes our libido, but sometimes completely wipes it out. But I'm also going to discuss what I've found to be one of the best remedies for that part of our symptoms list, which also turns out to be also one of the best natural virus killers out there. My first experience...
    Kelvin Lord, Apr 3, 2010
  5. Kelvin Lord
    I overdid it this past weekend, and paid for it on Sunday. Nothing about this disease is predictable, except the unpredictability of it I guess, but I was feeling so good after Treatment #18 I actually got suckered into thinking I was "normal" last week. Big mistake. Talk about a roller coaster ride! [IMG] When I was young I lived in Southern California and loved going to the theme parks in and...
    Kelvin Lord, Mar 29, 2010
  6. Kelvin Lord
    "I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose." Woody Allen [IMG] It was Christmas time and the jazz band on the corner was playing the requisite boring Jingle Bells music. I just completed my 17th treatment yesterday, and things are going well. So much so as I passed the corner, I was reminded of how bad I felt when I arrived here three months ago. I had just come to...
    Kelvin Lord, Mar 23, 2010
  7. Kelvin Lord
    Treatment #16 [IMG] Today was the best day I've had in a long time. Like my old 1976 Cutlass Supreme years ago, my engine was humming, my hydramatic transmission was smooth as butter, and I even had the "new car smell" on me. This old vehicle actually felt like all cylinders were firing with all four barrels opened up for a while today! Figuratively, I felt the wind on my face again today! And...
    Kelvin Lord, Mar 19, 2010
  8. Kelvin Lord
    Treatments #13 and #14 [IMG] I'll get to the weed-killer analogy quickly. But first, allow me a little celebration- today marks my eighth week on Ampligen, and I've now officially entered the "plateau" phase of my treatment. Whereas at first I was seeing almost weekly improvements in things like my sleep, appetite, and other empirical data (see previous posts) now there really is nothing new to...
    Kelvin Lord, Mar 15, 2010
  9. Kelvin Lord
    My blog today includes my top 5 Treatment Recommendations outside of Ampligen - things you may need to "push" your Doctor to give you. [IMG] Someone asked me recently: "But what can I do if I am not on Ampligen? My Doctor has no suggestions for me!" My response was longer than what I am about to share with you here, but the heart of my answer was "Push your Doctor to let you try things...
    Kelvin Lord, Mar 10, 2010
  10. Kelvin Lord
    Treatment #12 [IMG] I hope this doesn't gross you out, but yesterday I ran to the toilet 9 times and had nothing to show for it. Yes, another surprise, yet not altogether bad result of my Ampligen treatment. But one I actually was happy about. Let me explain. I guess I'm now considered a veteran - because my twelfth Ampligen infusion went off like clockwork. Gwen found a nice vein the first...
    Kelvin Lord, Mar 6, 2010
  11. Kelvin Lord
    Treatment #11 [IMG]I made three very small changes in my protocol today, and although I really can't determine scientifically their effect, experientially I can say that while all three were very minor, percentage-wise, collectively they added up to a big difference in how I felt. As usual, to me it is the little things that seem to add up, either positively or negatively - to how I feel...
    Kelvin Lord, Mar 3, 2010
  12. Kelvin Lord
    Treatment #10 [IMG]Of all the things we have to deal with internally fighting this hideous disease, to me, the things that we fight externally are sometimes more debilitating. This week I came face to face with one of the biggest enemies to recovery, the ignorance and insensitivity of other people. In my case, this shocking reminder of just how alone I really am in this battle came in the...
    Kelvin Lord, Feb 27, 2010
  13. Kelvin Lord
    [IMG] Treatment #9 "Depression is melancholy minus its charms." Susan Sontag This past weekend was rough. After having 8 treatments of Ampligen over the past 4 weeks go so smoothly, I wasn't prepared for the surprise dark cloud that rolled over my horizon beginning Friday evening. Some would call it depression, and I'm OK with that. But upon further research, I think the more appropriate...
    Kelvin Lord, Feb 22, 2010
  14. Kelvin Lord
    Treatment # 8 [IMG] Today is my first month's anniversary with Ampligen, and my body celebrated by manifesting all the signs that it was working - feeling like I had the flu. I say that only half in jest, because my Doctor confirmed last night that, after seeing patients on this drug for the past 20 years, it is a validation - if you don't show flu-like symptoms in the early stages, something...
    Kelvin Lord, Feb 19, 2010
  15. Kelvin Lord
    Treatment #7 [IMG] I don't want to say that getting a needle stuck in your arm is getting routine, but a nice short summary of this morning's Ampligen infusion would simply be "speed." Because I have now tolerated the full dose twice last week, nurse Gwen ramped up the rate of my drip today and got the whole 400ml into my veins in less than 35 minutes. Including taking my vital signs, charting...
    Kelvin Lord, Feb 15, 2010