1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!

Blog entries from Andrew

Andrew has a total of 7 entries.

1. Andrew
    This article offers tips for dealing with food, including shopping and preparation. Because everyones circumstance is different, there is no one size fits all solution. For example, some people can only eat certain types of organic food, while others can eat a wide range of food. What I will cover here is what Ive found helpful for me in the hopes that it can help some of you. Shopping in a...
    Andrew, Aug 11, 2011
  2. Andrew
    There are people whose job is helping disabled people. The job title for these people is Caregiver. These are people who will help you with almost everything in your day to day routine. They will do your laundry, take out your trash, prepare meals, help you with your mail, help you fill out medical forms, drive you to the doctor, run errands, do light house work, keep you company, and more. And...
    Andrew, Dec 27, 2010
  3. Andrew
    It occurred to me that it might be easier to explain CFS to family and friends by asking them to watch a movie on the web. The first one is a 12 minute news special. It would not be much of a time investment for someone to watch. [media] The next one is a 1 hour CFS documentary from 1993. It's interesting to notice that nothing has really changed for us. [media]
    Andrew, Oct 25, 2010
  4. Andrew
    Exercise is often a difficult topic for us to discuss. There is good reason for this. Most of us have suffered extreme and lasting setbacks as a result of exercise. Add this to the fact that many doctors and friends insist that all we need is more exercise, while ignoring the negative effects it can have. Eventually it gets to the point where many of us dont even want to hear the e word. But...
    Andrew, Sep 29, 2010
  5. Andrew
    I have been in several discussions where patients say they were asked by doctors to suggest articles or studies about the treatment of CFS/ME. Because this topic keeps coming up, I created this list with the help of other patients. It also includes information for ME/CFS patients who want a foundation for dealing with their illness Ive attached it here as a PDF. Its still a work in progress....
    Andrew, May 21, 2010
  6. Andrew
    Did you know that some doctors keep information from you that you need to know? Let me give you a couple of examples. A doctor sent me to a neurologist for examination. The neurologist examined me and sent my doctor a report that said there is a strong possibility I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. But my doctor never told me this. He never even mentioned CFS to me. And I didn't find out about...
    Andrew, Jan 11, 2010
  7. Andrew
    Are you looking for a chronic fatigue syndrome doctor? Here are some ways to find one. Prohealth Go to Prohealth's community feature. 1. Click the Physicians link to see if that helps. 2. Click the Support Groups link and see if there is one nearby that can recommend docs. 3. Click on the Message Boards link and select the ME/CFS message board. Search the board using the name of your city to...
    Andrew, Dec 29, 2009