1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!

Blog entries from alex3619

alex3619 has a total of 36 entries.

1. alex3619
    The biopsychosocial movement is indeed under serious attack regarding CFS and ME - not from patients as sometimes claimed, but from advances in the biomedical science. The evidence is strong that the argument that ME and even CFS are functional somatic syndromes is seriously flawed. Similar claims were made for MS and stomach ulcers, and a whole lot of other diseases - but nobody believes those...
    alex3619, Aug 14, 2011
  2. alex3619
    Many of the old pagan and shamanistic religions recognize the existence of spirits. Spirits can't be seen, but they can be sensed. Every tree and rock has a spirit. So do people. The mind is really spirit. So diseases of the mind are spirits. If CFS is a mental disease, it is a spiritual disease. Evil spirits abound, it is why Christianity had exorcisms, and many shamans can also dispel evil...
    alex3619, Jul 5, 2011
  3. alex3619
    I was thinking about the mind-body problem, and then came across this piece on thinking yourself ill: http://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2011/07/modest-and-possibly-lucrative-proposal.html Rather than follow along the same line of argument, I want to discuss something more esoteric. Sometimes I write these blogs and posts as the muse takes me - its easier for me to just go with the flow....
    alex3619, Jul 5, 2011
  4. alex3619
    Don't MEntion Fatigue. The distinction between ME and CFS and its importance is complex. This is more an opinion piece, potentially in several parts, than a definitive analysis. I have written it to address some issues discussed in several different threads on Phoenix Rising. Should we focus on the difference between ME and CFS? That depends on the audience. Most people neither want nor...
    alex3619, Jun 7, 2011
  5. alex3619
    There is a stereotype for people with ME/CFS and related disorders that is based on the view that we are just pretending to be sick. This varies from accusations of blatant fraud to a pathological need for attention. The infamous biopsychosocial view of ME/CFS is a variant, in which we do not intentionally pretend to be sick, but our mind plays games with us and makes us think we are sick. Any...
    alex3619, May 12, 2011
  6. alex3619
    ME/CFS has been called the invisible disease. Those of us who are less ill are not visibly sick. Those of us who are very ill are so sick nobody ever sees us in the street. We are pale shadows of who we should have been, pale citizens of pale societies. I look at these people and what they are capable of doing as just pale shadows, and I see the world that should have been. Normally I write...
    alex3619, May 11, 2011