1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!

Blog entries from alex3619

alex3619 has a total of 36 entries.

1. alex3619
    What do we do to change political and medical policy on ME? The people who need to be convinced are the experts, the authorities, the policy-makers. They have prestige, power, reputations. They stuffed up, badly. Its human nature to be blind to your own failings. We have had a test for ME, or at least severe disabling pathophysiology in ME, with the two day CPET, or Cardio Pulmonary Exercise...
    alex3619, May 12, 2014
  2. alex3619
    Brief Report: Writing about Chronic Fatigue Increases Somatic Complaints Marko Jelicic, Mincke Frederix, Harald Merckelbach Department of Clinical Psychological Science, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience, Maastricht University, The Netherlands Abstract Participants were instructed to imagine that either they or a friend were suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and were asked to...
    alex3619, Dec 18, 2013
  3. alex3619
    Recovery [bluk] from chronic fatigue syndrome after treatments given in the PACE trial P. D. White, K. Goldsmith, A. L. Johnson, T. Chalder and M. Sharpe ; PACE Trial Management Group Psychological Medicine, Page 1 of 9. Cambridge University Press 2013 doi:10.1017/S0033291713000020 What does this paper really show? Research into psychogenic medicine frequently redefines words to mean quite...
    alex3619, Feb 1, 2013
  4. alex3619
    Part B: Churnalism and Dogmatic Verificationism Churnalism When a study is reported the science journalists get to report on it and then fairly and accurately reflect on the paper's importance, right? Or at least thats what is supposed to happen. For a general discussion of churnalism you might like to watch this. The media has started to question its own capacity to present accurate news...
    alex3619, Dec 25, 2012
  5. alex3619
    If Not Conspiracy Then What? Part Two Part A: Zombie Science Rides Again, or Pale Riders on Pale Horses Have you ever wondered when the Zombie Apocalypse depicted in so many horror movies would occur? Its already happened and we missed it! They walk amongst us. The zombies are the masses of bureaucrats, scientists and journalists who are overly influenced by the modern voodoo priests: big...
    alex3619, Dec 25, 2012
  6. alex3619
    This is not one of my planned blogs, just something I thought I should report. I have been interested in eicosanoid impact on CFS and ME since 1993, based on the work of Dr. Andriya Martinovic. Eicosanoids are generally very short acting and short range hormones. They are used by a cell to communicate with itself, but also nearby cells. I am experimenting with a new shotgun protocol. A...
    alex3619, Nov 27, 2012
  7. alex3619
    Go To Part Two Commentary: What can we take from Skewed? Skewed lists numerous failures in the scientific, medical and political processes involved in ME and CFS, particularly in the UK. While he makes a good case that something is very wrong, it is not conclusive with respect to motivations, nor can it be. Short of whistleblowers I do not foresee this kind of thing ever being proved. What he...
    alex3619, Sep 10, 2012
  8. alex3619
    Go To Part One Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Walker discusses the origins of the definitions of CFS, and briefly mentions that two ME experts refused to sign the document that led to the Holmes et. al. definition of CFS, as the history of ME was being ignored. (p. 156) He goes on to discuss the development of the Fukuda and Oxford defitions. "In order to re-distribute power or change social...
    alex3619, Sep 10, 2012
  9. alex3619
    A Review of Skewed by Martin J Walker, 2003. Greenwashing Part One: General Argument A lot of people have wondered how the psychogenic explanation for CFS (and ME) has gained a wide influence. Walker addresses this issue by looking at the history of organizations that have promoted this viewpoint to 2003. By labelling alternative views as "green" in a perjorative sense, and attempting to...
    alex3619, Sep 10, 2012
  10. alex3619
    There have been very few options we have had as advocates for ME and CFS that have worked. We lack numbers, and we are often too sick to be effective. This is something that occurred to me as I was trying to go to sleep - and now I am up to write about it. This is a detour from my planned path. My Greenwashing blog is almost done. I will also be writing about another option we have to be more...
    alex3619, Sep 8, 2012
  11. alex3619
    (An exercise in Satire - easier to read if you say it out loud.) Cwonic fateeg patients are cwazy coz deyz don't have nuffin wrong with them, dey cannot show deyz are sick. Dem chemikal nutters are cwazy coz deyz tink chemikals corz illness. Dey got no idea! Aint no chemikals awound most of dem, deyz just made it all up. So psychiatwists must be madder coz dey beleve in hystewia and...
    alex3619, Aug 21, 2012
  12. alex3619
    And the Cycle Continues At some point in the middle to late twentieth century (possibly 1982) it was discovered that vitamin B12 injections could treat ME but it was not curative. Many doctors know that and use it clinically, but it is only recently that serious research has been conducted on this, a story we know well on Phoenix Rising. Vitamin B12 is only one of a range of nutrients that have...
    alex3619, Aug 12, 2012
  13. alex3619
    What can we learn from the history of peptic ulcers? "The merry-go-round goes 'round and 'round, The children laughed and laughed and laughed, So many were going 'round and 'round, That the merry-go-round collapsed." Traditional Nursery Rhyme The cause of most peptic ulcers only became recognized as Helicobacter pylori in the 1980s. The history behind this is interesting though. If I were to...
    alex3619, Aug 12, 2012
  14. alex3619
    I am a duo of drugs with supreme potency. The two drugs are modified versions of drugs used for other disorders, but for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome I get supreme results. I also think I am just dandy at treating Myalic Encephalomyelitis. I slip past drug regulations of almost every country without hindrance. I can claim to be evidence based because I get tiny tiny but significant results. I also...
    alex3619, May 11, 2012
  15. alex3619
    Directions for Discussion Fighting with each other over definitions wastes our limited resources. I propose some alternative strategies, but I am open to others: 1. We debate "gold" standard ME and CFS research - what would be required to make it work? (I dislike the label "gold standard" by the way, it leads to dogma - even standards should be questioned.) Don't complain about terms, work out...
    alex3619, May 11, 2012